Ingredients for 3 persons
½ violet aubergine
A handful of cherry tomatoes
2 tablespoons grated pecorino cheese
1 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
a small handful, torn seasoning basil
How to make it
Pre-heat a hot oven, 230°C
- Wash and de-seed the vegetables and dice them into cubes. Lay them on a baking tray and drizzle them well with extra virgin olive oil, some salt and some sprigs of fresh thyme and oregano.
- Roast them for 10 minutes until they are just brown at the edges. Remove the herbs and they are allowed to be cooled.
For the frittata
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and add the other ingredients including any juices from the roasted vegetables.
- Warm a tablespoon of olive oil and about 20 g butter in a large non-stick frying pan.
- Add the egg mixture and cook over a slow heat until the frittata is almost set.
- Put a large plate over the frying pan and use this to ﬂip the frittata upside down and slide it back into the frying pan. Cook for a further few minutes until it is dry. Allow to cool but do not refrigerate. Serve at room temperature.