Ingredients for 3 persons
5 cups vegetable broth
1 medium yellow onion, diced small
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 and ½ small cups of Arborio rice
1 cup dry red wine
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
1 or ½ teaspoons sea salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
2 cups of radicchio, shredded
½ cup raw cashews
1 cup unsweetened plant-based milk
How to make it
- Pour the broth in a small pot. Cover it with a lid and keep to the side over a low flame until you are ready to ladle it in.
- In a large pan heat the oil over low heat. Add to the onions and sweat it for 5 minutes. Then add everything to the rice and keep it browning for 3 minutes.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and add a dash of red wine, thyme, salt and pepper. Cooking while stirring occasionally until all of the red wine has been absorbed.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and begin to ladle in the broth. Slowly letting the rice absorb the broth before adding in the next ladle. After about two ladles add in the radicchio. Repeat this process until the rice is ready. This process will take about 20 minutes.
- When the rice is cooked with the broth, you can add a cashew cream and seasoned it with more salt and pepper, if desired.