100% SANGIOVESE GROSSO, aged for more than 2 years in durmast casks. Brunello expresses the character and nobility of the hand harvested grapes from the Vigna del Castello and the Vigna del Velo.
- Altitude: 290 m
- Exposure: West – North West
- Soil: medium texture with limestone clay and sand
- Type of cultivation: spurred cordon and guyot
- Density: circa 4,000
- Age of vines: 25 years
- Yield/ha.: 60 quintals
- Yield/plant: 1.5 Kg
- Harvest period: end of September / beginning of October
- Method of harvest: by hand, careful selection for vinification
- Alcohol content: 14.0%
- Vinification: fermentation with local yeasts, long period of maceration in steel tanks at a controlled temperature of 23°C for 30 days.
- Aging: Slavonian durmast casks of 15 and 20 hl for 30 months
- Refinement: in bottles for a minimum of 8 months